Industrial Measuring System
Conductivity Type Level Switch
- No moving part, free from maintenance.
- No special cable required for signal transmission, ECONOMICAL to Install.
- Long cable connection permissible between probe and evaluation unit.
- AC on probes for prevention of electrolytic deterioration of electrodes.
- Low voltage on probe for operational safety.
- Variety of control functions and installation system available, beside single point switching.
- Two point action for automatic pump control.
- Two point independent switching.
- Three point switching, two points with pump control logic and one independent point.
- Four point switching having two-pump control logic.
- Variety of probes available for various process conditions.
- Multichannel -4 point independent switching available for various process conditions.
PRIMARY AREA OF APPLICATION
FCON 5000 level switches are used in processing plants for conductive liquids of conductivity not less than 25 micro siemens in Food, Power, Chemicals, Sugor, Detergents, Steel, Minerals, Textiles, WTP and ETP etc.
USAGE : Switching OFF pumps when tank is full, to avoid overflow for maintaining a constant level to ovoid material wastage.
For switching OFF pumps before running dry and indicating on empty tank to avoid wear and tear & production stoppage.
A low AC voltage is applied between the probe electrode and the tank wall (or reference electrode in case of insulated tank). When the liquid comes in contact with the electrode tip, a conductive path is established between the sense electrode and the tank wall / reference electrode. This current is sensed, amplified and made to operate a relay whose contact in turn can be used for annunciation/control.
Standard Technical Specifications
- Housing : Aluminium, weather proof, powder coated for back panel /DIN Rail mounting.
- Cable entry : 3 nos.
- Ambient temperature : 0°C to +60 C.
- Power consumption . 1.9 VA.
- Mains Voltage : 230/110 V AC (+/-15/), 50 Hz or 24 V DC (ON REQUEST).
- Response Time : 0.5 Sec.
- Output: 1 sets of potential free c/o contacts rated at 10 amps, 250 V AC for non- inductive loads.
- Safety operation : Field selected switch over for min. or max. (FSL/FSH) switching points.
- Switch status display : Green LED shows Normal, Red LED shows alarm.
- Weight: 1.5 Kg Cast Al.
- Housing : Cast Aluminium.
- Mounting : Screwed - %" BSP (standard) Or Flanged (optional).
- Sense Rod/s : Stainless steel.
- Insulation : PTFE (standard)Other on request and as per application.
- Operating Temp : 200 deg max in vessel.
- Voltage on the : 12 V AC max.(Across probe & probe tank wall).
- Current: < 3 mA (between probe & tank wall through liquid).